Mid Coast Maine is the home of the Hotel Brunswick Bath formerly The Parkwood Inn. The hotel, known to locals and visitors as "The Crown Jewel of Brunswick, Maine" offers clean, comfortable and cozy accommodations.
The Best Hotel in Brunswick Bath is surrounded by the secluded ocean peninsulas of Bailey and Orr's Islands; the beautiful state parks at Popham Beach, Wolf's Neck and Reid, plus Acadia National Park; and the rich shipbuilding history of Bath. We are minutes away from Brunswick Executive Landing and the prestigious Bowdoin College, and a just short drive to world-class shopping in Freeport including L.L. Bean.
Featuring romantic getaway rooms, as well as family, business and executive accommodations, The Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath stands out as a quality place to stay in Maine. We are lucky to have started working with the best Maine SEO company that specializes in Maine Web Design that has allowed us to offer this information back to you!
Maine is a beautiful state, especially along its coast! From rugged rocky shores to charming coastal towns, there's something for everyone. Here are some of the best places to visit in Maine on the coast:
1. Bar Harbor: This picturesque town is nestled against Acadia National Park, where you can explore miles of trails and enjoy unparalleled views of the rugged Atlantic coastline. Be sure to explore downtown Bar Harbor as well; it offers plenty of quaint shops and delicious seafood restaurants.
2. Portland: Maine’s largest city sits right on Casco Bay and has much to offer visitors, from great restaurants to breweries to historic sites such as Fort Gorges. You can take part in many outdoor activities, such as kayaking and sailing, or simply relax and take in the sights.
3. Ogunquit: This classic beach town is a great spot for visitors of all ages. Enjoy stunning views from Marginal Way, explore Ogunquit Beach and its gorgeous sand dunes, and take a stroll down Main Street to find art galleries and charming shops.
4. Boothbay Harbor: This picturesque fishing village on the central coast of Maine is known for its many boat excursions that explore the harbor's islands and secluded coves. It also has plenty of interesting attractions, including a botanical garden and an aquarium with interactive touch tanks.
5. Camden: This vibrant coastal town offers something for everyone, from its traditional lobster boats to its charming downtown restaurants and shops. You can also take in the stunning views of Penobscot Bay from Mount Battie, or enjoy an outdoor performance at the world-renowned Camden Opera House.
Whether you're looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an adventurous exploration of Maine's rugged coastline, these spots are sure to provide something special. So pack your bags and get ready to explore some of the best places on the coast!
6. Rockland: This small coastal town is home to many unique attractions, including a boat museum and one of the largest lighthouses in America. It also boasts some great seafood restaurants that offer the freshest catch in town.
7. Kennebunkport: This charming coastal village is a popular summer destination, with plenty of restaurants and shops to explore. There are also many boat tours available if you want to get out on the water and get a better view of the scenic coastline.
8. Old Orchard Beach: Despite its small size, this beachfront community has much to offer visitors, including an iconic pier full of arcades and souvenir shops, as well as more than seven miles of sandy beaches.
Maine's coast offers something for everyone - whether it's exploring some of its most stunning landscapes or enjoying an old-fashioned beach vacation. So come experience the beauty and charm that is Maine's coast.
UNMATCHED Sleeping Accommodations:
Quick Travels to Local Attractions:
Brunswick Landing ................... 1 Mile
Bowdoin College......................... 3 Miles
Maine Maritime Museum........ 7 Miles
Freeport Outlet Shopping ........ 10 Miles
Prospecting For Gold in Maine
Harriet Beecher Stowe House
Woolwich's Rural Farmhouse
Old Lincoln County Jail (1811-1954)
Muscial Wonder House (c. 1852)
Fort Popham, Fort Edgecomb, Fort Baldwin
Bowdoin International Music Festival
When it comes to seafood, there's no place quite like Maine. The state is renowned for its delicious offerings from the sea, with some of the best-known selections being lobster, mussels, crab and shrimp. For those looking to indulge in an unforgettable seafood feast, these four dishes are sure to satisfy!
Let's start with everyone's favorite: lobster. This classic dish has been a staple in Maine since colonial times, and it just keeps getting better over time. Boiled or steamed lobster is widely enjoyed across the region; however, even more popular are succulent Maine-style lobster rolls served on a buttery bun. Whether you're looking for an appetizer or main course (or both!), this iconic dish is sure to make your taste buds sing.
Next up are mussels, a delicacy hailing from the cold waters of Maine's coast. Mussels are incredibly versatile; whether you choose to steam them in a white wine or garlic butter sauce or sauté them with onion and tomatoes - this seafood selection packs plenty of flavor into every bite. And when it comes to presentation, nothing beats the sight of steaming mussel pots set atop a wooden table!
Crab is also a favorite amongst many diners in Maine, offering a unique sweet-and-salty combination that can't be beat. From soft shell crab sandwiches to classic Maryland-style blue crabs - there's something here for everyone. However, if you're looking for a truly unique experience, try the local favorite: Maine crab cakes. These delectable little morsels are stuffed with succulent crab meat and served up piping hot - perfect for any seafood lover.
Finally, let's not forget about shrimp. Whether enjoyed in a creamy Alfredo sauce or lightly seasoned and grilled to perfection - this is one seafood dish that no meal is complete without. Maine-style garlic shrimp are particularly popular across the region - as they offer just the right amount of flavor and texture to make every bite unforgettable!
No matter what your seafood preference may be, Maine has something for everyone. From lobster rolls to mussel pots, crab cakes to shrimp Alfredo - there's no shortage of delicious options to choose from. So come and indulge in the best seafood that the East Coast has to offer - you won't regret it!
Brunswick's newest option for dinner. The Parkwood Grille, located inside the Best Hotel in Brunswick Bath, is home to Executive Chef. The best restaurant in Brunswick Maine offers a wide variety of menu choices to appease the taste buds of all who dine. You will feel like you never left home in the cozy ambiance of the Parkwood Grille. Make sure you make us a stop on your adventure through Maine!
Wednesday -- Sunday
5pm to 9pm